Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sitting in the rain

It's been raining a lot the last couple of days. As I sat in my car, with it running and the rain coming down on the roof, I thought about life. And how we sometimes seem to be in this protective bubble. It's the vehicle He's given us to live life, and He puts His protection around us, while the rain pours down.

So, why do bad things happen to good people? I think, what happens is sometimes we get out of the car. We decide that we want to do something our way, and we do it. We put ourselves in the rain. God is just sitting there, thinking, "Why won't you hear what I'm telling you My child? Don't get out." But, being the stubborn children we are, we get out and do things our way. When it doesn't work, we get back in the vehcile, and ask God for forgiveness.

The cool thing about all of this is the fact that He does forgive us.

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Our God is a God of not just second chances, but third, fourth, fifth chances. He loves us so much, that He will take the mess we caused by doing our own thing, and make His will come into play anyway.
He's just cool like that.

No comments: