Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturdays are for resting

This has been a terribly busy week. Our middle son, Andrew, made the Pee Wee All Star league after the regular season was over. The games started last Sunday, on Father's Day, and went through Thursday. We played every day! It was terribly hot, even at 6pm in the evening.

I am still waiting to hear from the coach about going to State competition. We were fourth in our league, so we shouldn't be going, but one of the teams backed out, and offered us a place to go. The coaches have been trying to build a team of 12, since some of our players are unable to go.

After such a busy week, I'm learning that it's ok to rest and not do much. That's what we are all supposed to do anyway, right? Take a Sabbath.

Also, I'm learning that my kids eat too much. Especially with them home for the summer! And, they fight too much too. I wish I could wave a magic wand and keep them from fighting.

No comments: