Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Death has no age


I've been thinking alot lately about death. One of my favorite singers, Steven Curtis Chapman's 5 year old daughter was killed last week in a freak accident. One of my co-workers/friend's mother passed away last week. One of my close friends dreads this month because of death. I too, have a "death related" issue with this month. I also have some close friend's who's 11 year old daughter died last year, as well as a high school friend who's baby died the same day.

Death comes at any age. But you know what? It shouldn't be something we are afraid of. Even though death brings pain and makes us miss our loved ones, if we know Christ, we will be in heaven when we die. So, what's to be afraid of?

Jesus told the thief on the cross

Luke 23:43 (New International Version)

43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Also:


Romans 6:9 (New International Version)

9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.

This is true for us too.... because one day I'll be walking on streets of gold....

Revelation 21:21 (King James Version)


21And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

Hope to see you there!!

No comments: