Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Roots














Yesterday my family and I went to High Falls State Park in northern Georgia. We took a hike in the woods next to the water falls, which by the way were beautiful!

All along the way, I kept seeing things that made me think about God and stuff. The first thing I noticed were roots of the trees all along the pathways. It annoyed me at first, because the roots made it hard to walk. I thought, "I wonder why these roots are showing.. why aren't they covered so it's easier to walk."

Then the thought came to me that we should all be "showing our roots". If we are Christ followers, and believers, aren't we supposed to let people see our roots? Shouldn't we be showing them Christ in our lives? We are to love people, and tell them how much God loves them. We need to tell people that their value as a person DOES NOT come from any human on this earth. People can make us happy, but only surface happy. God is the only One who can fill that inside happiness that we are all longing for.

If you are a Christian, are you showing your roots?

No comments: